Are you, or do you know someone, who could be CLGW’s next Executive Director?
Community Living Guelph Wellington is one of Ontario’s largest providers of services to adults with Developmental Disabilities and is searching for an Executive Director to replace its retiring and highly respected incumbent.
Are you a principled leader looking to create a meaningful impact in the lives of those around you? Are you interested in working with a highly dedicated leadership team and skilled staff to continue building on the established growth of Community Living Guelph Wellington to become a leader in the delivery of person-centred services? Are you looking to align your personal core values with your work to create a career of deep purpose and fulfilment?
The Executive Director is responsible for the implementation of Community Living Guelph Wellington’s strategic plan which is directed toward full citizenship and integrated community involvement among the 500 plus served by the agency.
The Executive Director leads, promotes and ensures the implementation of services consistent with the organizational culture, its Guiding Philosophy and its policies and procedures.
The Executive Director will advocate for, promote, and facilitate the full participation, inclusion and empowerment of adults who have an intellectual disability.
The Executive Director is responsible for providing successful leadership and management to the organization within the strategic directions established and approved by the Board of Directors.
The Executive Director will report to the board on the implementation of the agency’s vision and its strategic plan. The Executive Director will provide focus and direction in order to anticipate, identify and capitalize on appropriate opportunities to advance the agency and the adults it supports. The Executive Director will address ongoing challenges through innovative policies, practices and partnerships.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and monitor CLGW’s progress in meeting its objectives and takes action as required
- Provides leadership and direction to the Senior Leadership Team and promote open communication, positive employee morale and a cohesive and collaborative team approach
- Ensure quality control of the agency’s services through various outcome measures
- Provide leadership and advocate on behalf of CLGW regarding critical issues that affect the well-being of supported individuals and families; represents CLGW at local/regional/provincial forums and with Ministry representatives
- 7 years of experience in the Developmental Services sector or a related field such as the health or the social services sector
- 5 years of senior leadership/management experience preferably within a unionized environment
- University degree/College diploma (Developmental Services, General Arts, Social Work, Education, Health Care, Business Administration)
- Collaborative leadership, Creative Problem Solving and Decision making, ability to form and maintain strategic partnerships
- An established record of leading change, developing others and ensuring accountability
Why Should You Apply?
- A fulfilling opportunity to affect change and personal/professional growth among staff and individuals served by Community Living Guelph Wellington
- An opportunity to implement a broadly endorsed Strategic Plan that will add significant value to all of the agency’s stakeholders
- A unique opportunity to work with a highly dedicated Board, management team, staff and Union leadership within a positive and growth-oriented culture
- Competitive salary commensurate with size of Community Living Guelph Wellington and the responsibilities of the position
- Comprehensive Benefits Package and professional development opportunities
Application deadline: September 16, 2020
Apply with a cover letter and resume by September 16th to Nexus Human Capital (Attn: David Chalmers) at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Position Start Date: December 1, 2020
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent, Senior Management, Executive Director
Salary: Competitive salary package commensurate with the position.
Community Living Guelph Wellington and Nexus Human Capital have partnered for the recruitment of CLGW’s next Executive Director. The hiring process is external to CLGW.
You may also view the job posting online at:
Canadian Associations for EDs: https://www.associationjobs.ca/job-details/12416/executive-director/
Community Living Ontario: https://communitylivingontario.ca/en/postings/