Thank you for your strategic planning input!
Between the focus groups, surveys and 1:1 interviews, more than 175 participants added their voice to CLGW's strategic planning engagement. This is a great sample of the people we support, their families and our staff team.
In late February, CLGW's Board of Directors, Senior Leadership Team, and the Strategic Planning Steering Committee reviewed your input. There were so many good ideas brought to the table that we had to focus in on priorities we could achieve in the next few years.
Here are some of the key takeaways we heard:
- CLGW should (continue) to help people live life to the fullest. Explore opportunities to make the lives of the people supported better.
- There is a range of responses among families and staff about community integration related to Day Services.
- There is a range of responses among families around the quality of the group homes.
- Continue to put efforts towards addressing staffing issues: recruitment and retention, turnover, and consistency.
- Make better use of all CLGW physical facilities (including maintenance of current homes)
- Prepare for an uncertain future.
- Strive to be a community leader (inclusion, education, advocacy at community tables).
This signaled to us that there is a lot of opportunity for CLGW:
- Opportunity to improve our services.
- Opportunity to deepen our relationship with staff, families and people supported.
- Opportunity to be known as an excellent employer.
- Opportunity to nurture and grow our connections to our communities.
Right now, we are working on a draft strategic plan. You’ll hear more from us in the next few months as we finalize CLGW’s next strategic plan.
If you’d like to dive deeper into what we heard, the Strategic Planning – Stakeholder Input report is now available. It includes information gathered both by HSC Vision Consulting and Community Living Guelph Wellington.
Again, thank you so much for providing input and helping us have a great foundation. We’re excited for what’s ahead.