An update from CLGW: we are now mask optional!
Over the last several years, the pandemic has put a magnifying glass on safety and wellbeing in developmental services. CLGW is no exception, implementing many difficult and necessary measures to prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, the people we support and anyone who may be visiting our locations. We have all done our part, keeping ourselves and each other as healthy as possible.
We have created our practices based on the recommendations of the Chief Medical Officer of Health, our local Public Health leaders and the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services. We are grateful for their guidance because at the heart of every decision, was an obligation to ensure our communities were as protected as possible.
We are pleased to announce that as of June 7, 2023, CLGW has shifted from Universal Masking to a Mask Optional Policy for everyday interactions.
What this means:
- A person’s choice to wear a mask during everyday interactions will be honoured and respected without question.
- Masks will continue to be provided and accessible at all locations or people may choose to provide their own mask.
- Follow proper mask hygiene practices, including performing hand hygiene before applying and removing a mask, discarding used masks immediately, wearing the mask appropriately, and performing hand hygiene if you must touch your mask.
- If you are asked to remove your mask by a person at CLGW, you have the right to refuse and are not required to explain why you prefer to wear a mask.
- Visitors to our locations are asked to do a personal wellness check prior to attending. A visitor log must be completed upon arrival